Flea Finds

26 Feb

002
Why yes, I did actually go to the flea market this weekend, why do you ask? Check that gnome, y’all. It has been awhile since I found something truly wacky-tacky.004

Well, that I didn’t intend to keep for myself. Also, do you love the lamp? I have been saving that lampshade (that I got for $6–I never get bargains like that, either!) for just the right lamp and the Mister and I finally came across one.

001

Look, a tray! I’ve been really good about not buying the trays but this one just spoke to me. I also found a duck paint-by-number and a framed Mother’s Day postcard. And a weird 1950’s Asian planter.
006
I also met Jamie from Owl Really.  Normally you can find Jamie’s awesome vintage finds at the Tennessee Antique Mall, but her booth was making a special guest appearance on Sunday at the flea. She is super-sweet and brought some great things to sell. Sorry that the picture is blurry; I think the Mister is using some sort of Instagram filter. Actually, I’m not sorry because I am way less wrinkly in soft-focus.

Happy rainy Tuesday, y’all! We are closing on our house this Thursday so hopefully some home renovation will start soon. I am ready to change up some kitchen tile, for sure! xoxo, LaurenT

9 Responses to “Flea Finds”

1. jamie@owlreally.com February 26, 2013 at 8:05 pm #

it was good to meet you finally!! and just a note – it’s Tennessee Antique Mall in case anyone wants to come shop. 🙂

2. Lisa February 26, 2013 at 11:40 pm #

Boy, do I love that lamp.

• apronstringsvintage February 27, 2013 at 12:56 am #

Girl, so do I! The only reason I’m parting with it is because I’m trying to be era-specific in the new house and so I’m dialing down my 1950’s love. But that green glaze and the awesome shape? It’s a beauty.

3. Mr. Tiny February 27, 2013 at 12:03 am #

Wow! It’s a good thing we live so far apart, you would beat me to all the good stuff! I love the lamp, the tray, and the gnome!!! Congrats on the house. I hope you’ll be documenting everything so we can enjoy the process too!!!

• apronstringsvintage February 27, 2013 at 12:57 am #

Thank you very much re: the house…it will be an adventure for sure!

4. rae February 27, 2013 at 12:27 am #

that is a great lamp! i’ve been looking for a good lamp for a long time! when i see them i can’t ever tell if they are actually good or will look crazy in my house. i need to just buy one!

5. Eartha Kitsch February 27, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

I’m glad that you ladies could meet up! Good luck on your house closing tomorrow – SO exciting!!

6. Lisa March 1, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

That lamp and that shade are a perfect match, I love it!