Get Ready

3 Feb

For me to be full-on obsessed with the 1930’s. Because we got the house!
newhouse
Hi. And welcome!  You’re just going to love it!
newhouse2
The kitchen needs work. I know, these countertops are just awful. And so is the tile. But we can fix that, right?

kitchen

With a little vision, it can look as awesome as this. Although I’m thinking more neutral. But the same amount of awesome.

newhouse3Look what’s in the basement. I think I look like Nancy Drew in this picture, hunting for clues in a dark and scary basement. If Nancy Drew were almost 40, that is.

newhouse4

Here’s a close-up of one shelf. It’s from an old pharmacy, I think, and each shelf bears a similar tiny, hand-typed label. A bonus treasure, in my new 1936 house.

timewillpass

I think this is true. Because here is why…

016

I drew this tiny, ugly doodle in my journal in 2008. A drawing of my dream house. A Tudor cottage. I’m a terrible artist, by the way. But that didn’t matter.

001

My dream came true anyway.

xoxo, LaurenT

9 Responses to “Get Ready”

1. tikimama2 February 3, 2013 at 4:19 am #

Congratulations! You must be over the moon. Your house is lovely! Can’t wait to see MORE 🙂

2. HG February 3, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

This post has made me so very very very happy! Congratulations, luv!

3. nancyworegreenstockings February 3, 2013 at 1:23 pm #

Oh, that’s wonderful! You must be so excited! And definitely a Nancy Drew shot! I can’t wait to see what you use the shelves for. They look like they could hold an awful lot of wine….

4. Ann February 4, 2013 at 12:22 am #

Wow! It’s beautiful. Congratulations!!

5. rae February 4, 2013 at 3:10 am #

yay! i’m so glad you got it! I can’t wait to see what you do with it! and that shelf is amazing!

6. Lisa February 4, 2013 at 4:46 pm #

Oh my goodness! Literally, your dream house doodle came to life! CONGRATS, GIRL! I’m so into that kitchen and even that mystery shelf. So excited to see what you do with the place! 🙂

7. Danavee February 8, 2013 at 3:20 am #

New follower via Owl Really. I think I might have a crush on YOU, your booth, and YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

8. bettycrafter February 14, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

It’s gorgeous!! Can’t wait to see what you do with it! And congratulations – so glad your dream came true!